Thursday 5 August 2010

Writing

I am poised to take the plunge. How do people like me experience writing. This feels like a completely new place to be writing from. An academic rather than a student. An unclear grading criteria. I am still working on finding an academic voice. I am also exhausted and conscious of the work I have to do.


Passion and Politics is a good one to read - it's there. So at some point I will need to read it.


My friend describes a process of diving deep into a pool of clear blue water from an enormous height. There is an extended period of preparation. A knowledge that you have done this several times before and actually - the water gets more familiar and more in need of discovery with each attempt.


I have a feeling of combing a mass of knotty hair. I know the end product will be beautiful - in how it looks and feels. I also know it will last. But at the start it is excruciating and painful. I also know that I can not go in with my hair like this. In fact I can't move with my hair like this. But somehow I have a feeling that perhaps, finally this time. I can't take it.


I am too easily distracted.


So, I have already started and have a plan for the rest of the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment